The international policy of the IdA fits into the project of creating a Euro-American teaching space expressed in the establishment of twelve hubs across the American continent. The IdA, with the cooperation of universities in its network, contributes to developing a reflection on dual degrees and to facilitating exchanges between universities, professors and students from the Americas and Europe.
The IdA has established 12 hubs across the Americas whose missions are to:
- Spread and promote French research and higher education teaching on the Americas,
- Be a place for exchanges between European and American experts,
- Promote the activities of IdA’s network members and its scientific policy.
Functioning of the hubs
The hubs are coordinated by the laureates of the doctoral contracts “Institut des Amériques”.
The doctoral laureate resides 10 months per year on the site that he/she is coordinating, enabling him/her to become familiar with activities related to the dissemination and the promotion of research by engaging in scientific and partnership actions. The coordinator collaborates with local actors and with IdA’s international relations team.
Hubs to be renewed for the 2020-2023 period:
- Canadian hub (University of Montréal, CANADA)
- Mexican hub (Centre d’études mexicaines et centraméricaines, CEMCA in México, MEXICO)
- Carribean hub (FUNGLODE, in Santo Domingo, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC)
- Central America hub (University of Costa Rica in San José, COSTA RICA)
- Andean Lima hub (Institut Français des Etudes Andines (IFEA), en Lima, PERU)