As part of the Latin American and Caribbean Week happening each year in France, the IdA has organized colloquiums since 2012 in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development as well as the EU-LAC Foundation. In 2017, l'Agence Françase de Développement (AFD) joigned the organisation committee, becoming therefore a key partner for this event.
On February 16th, 2011, the Senate adopted, unanimously, a resolution calling for the creation of a day for Latin America and the Caribbean on May 31st of each year. A few months after the bicentenary celebration of the independence of Latin American and Caribbean countries, the Senate then underlined the importance of the shared values and bonds established between France and this region over the past two centuries.
A partir de 2014, dans le prolongement de l’action engagée par les autorités françaises pour relancer et approfondir les relations de la France avec cette région, l’évènement a pris une ampleur nouvelle et s’est transformé en Semaine de l’Amérique latine et des Caraïbes afin d’inclure des activités toujours plus nombreuses et diversifiées.
Since 2014, continuing the trend of the French authorities towards boosting and strengthening the relations of France with this region, the event has acquired a new dimension and developed into the Latin American and Caribbean Week in order to include ever more numerous and diversified activities.
Look back on the previous annual editions.
- June 4th and 5th, 2019: Resources, Inequalities and the DEvelopment of Rural Territories in Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe
- May 30th and 31st, 2018: Urban sustainability, a social transformation issue in Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean
- June 1st, 2017: The Caribbean within the EU-LAC Strategic Partnership Europe - Latin America and the Caribbean
- May 30th and 31st, 2016: Intercultural Management and Elective Affinities Europe - Latin America and the Caribbean to contribute to sustainable development
- June 4th, 2015: Europe – Latin America and the Caribbean: crossed views on the issue of climate change, local to global
- May 28, 2014: Sustainable and smart cities
- October 9th, 2013: Infrastructures and UE-ALC integration
- June 8th, 2012: Regional integration and UE–ALC bi-regional relations